Chiropractic Report of Findings
For a chiropractic report of findings to be successful it needs to address the various learning styles of individual patients. People assimilate data differently. Some like to read text, some prefer video, others look for graphics, or testimonials from other patients, and still more need to hear expert opinions or see research from respected sources.
So, for a practice to seriously increase its case acceptance rate, it must build ROFs that will include all these learning styles. It takes time and effort to build a proper report of findings but who has hours to invest in creating each individual report?
What's wrong with the ROF I do now?
Many practitioners sit with a patient and verbally cover the treatment. They use a single sheet of paper; treatments are checked off with pricing at the bottom. This is not an effective chiropractic report of findings. These single sheet pricing pages are often the reason patients, or co-decision makers that did not attend the consult, stop the treatment plan before it starts. When the patient goes home, he/she cannot remember enough of the discussion you had with him/her and only sees the pricing. Many times, the price outweighs the perceived benefit of the care plan.
If a patient is coming in for a few adjustments an in-depth ROF may not be necessary, or even worth the time it takes to create. However, if your cases reach the $2500 level or higher, having the best, customized patient education and closing material may be to your benefit.
If you treat patients with conditions like the following, your case value is likely over $2500 and possibly a great deal higher.
- Spinal Decompression
- Regenerative Medicine
- Wound Care
- Long-term Chiropractic Care
Do a little exercise so that you can get a handle on how your practice is doing with large cases. In the last 30 days, how many cases over $2500 have you, or your team, presented to patients? How many opted for treatment? How many didn’t? This data will give your close rate. Is it over 90%? It should be!
Why should your case acceptance rate exceed 90%?
Let’s think about what patients you and your team present with care plans. You are likely only presenting care plans to patients that need care…correct? There may be a practice somewhere that attempts to treat people that do not need treatment but if it exists, it’s the rare exception to the rule. Chiropractors are people that care about the well being of others and in our experience only present care plans to those that truly need treatment. If the people that you are presenting reports of findings to need care, they should become your patients at a very high percentage unless a mistake is made in the consultation. There may be the extremely rare time when an individual truly cannot afford care and, in that case, you can send them to Share For My Care to raise the money they need.
Do you really need a robust written report of findings?
At the end of a consultation, do you or your case managers often hear:
- I have to think about it.
- I have to go talk with my spouse, significant other, child, MD, etc.
- I’m going on a trip and will address this when I get back.
- I don’t have the money for this treatment, or I can’t afford this right now.
- I have a bill that I need to pay off but as soon as I do…I’ll be back.
If you or your case manager hears these objections and stalls, or any of the others that patients use to avoid commitment, on a regular basis, you can benefit from a much better report of findings
Fill out this form to request a demo.
What’s the real reason so many high dollar cases are lost?
Most cases are lost during the consultation because the patient does not see the value of the treatment versus the investment. In-depth, well researched, well written, visual reports stop that from happening to you.
We have created a web-based application that builds the ROF in a matter of 3 to 8 minutes. These reports effectively incorporate all the learning styles, video, written material, graphics, testimonials, expert opinion, and research.
Any chiropractic report of findings created with our program will explain:
- The patient’s diagnosis
- The patient’s condition
- If the condition is degenerative the ROF will explain what may happen as it continues to worsen
- The difference in using medications to relieve pain vs implementing corrective care
- The side effects of medications that the patient is taking and why taking them is not optimal and may create other healthcare issues.
- How you can treat the condition effectively with corrective care
- The difference between corrective care and surgery
- The difference in the aftercare of surgery vs corrective care
- Build momentum and gain the patients agreement as you work toward the close
Take a look at a couple of examples (there's no audio)
Should you give a copy of the report of findings to the patient?
You can easily email the patient a link to the report. We recommend doing this after you have presented the ROF. There are several reasons to send the link:
- So that co-decision makers that may cause the patient to refuse treatment can be properly educated.
- This also helps when a patient goes home without opting for treatment by controlling what they research. The internet is not always the best source for patient education especially when it comes to treatments like regenerative medicine.
Customizing your reports of findings
You can add:
- The patients X-rays - Many providers will add a healthy X-ray and then show the patient his/her X-ray to illustrate the problem very clearly.
- Imaging reports, or other graphics
- Other conditions and/or treatments to the report. As an example: add IV nutrition to improve the outcome of another treatment. Perhaps a patient has neuropathy and a protruding disc, both can be included in the report.
- Patient testimonial videos.
- Custom treatment videos that you have created.
- Customized treatments specific to your practice. The system is robust and contains most of what any Chiropractor needs to create a great report of findings, however, some practices like to add unique treatments to the program, and we make it easy for you to add those treatments.
- Add DME that may not already be in the system (many are already there)
- Treatment pricing can be added or omitted depending on your preference.
How does the system handle insurance?
Insurance calculations for both Co-pay and Co-insurance are in the system. You simply add the remaining deductible, the co-pay amount per visit, or the coinsurance percentage, and the system does the calculations for you and adds the patient responsibility to the financial section of the report.
Reports that are currently available include:
- Knee osteoarthritis
- Shoulder osteoarthritis
- Hip osteoarthritis
- MCL tear
- Rotator cuff tear
- Herniated disc
- Chiropractic care
- Spinal decompression
- The Advanced Arthritis Relief Program
- IV Nutrition
“We are finding the system to be a very important and valuable resource for our ROFs and it is definitely helping the overall close rate! We were just able to upload a knee x ray and it really brings the report to life!”
“We closed 3 of the first 4 large cases that we presented using the ROF Assistant. This is great!”
“I don’t know why any practice would not use this. It’s easy, inexpensive and makes patient education really easy!”
Have the patient easily see the value!
In many reports including Osteoarthritis, Neuropathy, and the Advanced Arthritis Relief Program (featuring GenVisc 850 or Hyaluronic Acid), the ROF even includes research data on what it costs to live with the disease. When a patient sees data from well-respected sources that shows that he or she is already spending over $6000 annually to live with Osteoarthritis, they typically see the treatment program as a savings not an expense!
The reports are designed to be used during a face-to-face visit with the potential patient. The "how to section" offers a video detailing the chiropractic report of findings script to help make the face-to-face presentation easy for all. This meeting is typically scheduled after your initial exam and imaging (should you determine that imaging is necessary).
It takes 2 clicks to email a link to your patient so he or she can either review the report later or share it with a co-decision maker that may have missed the appointment.
The report of findings will walk your team, along with the potential patient, through:
- The entire patient education process
- A thorough explanation of the condition
- What may happen if not treated
- Comparison of relief care (medications) and corrective care
- The side effects of the medications that they are currently taking as part of their relief care
- Treatment explanation
- Comparison between surgery and corrective care
- Aftercare of surgery vs. chiropractic care
- The benefits of chiropractic care
- Why your body cannot heal itself
- The costs associated with surgery
- Out-of-pocket expense, deductibles, and average max out-of-pocket expense
- The costs associated with living with certain diseases such as Osteoarthritis
- Recommended treatment program with an explanation of each step
- The financial details (these can be hidden)
- A glossary of tissue types and explanations of each including research articles.
This automated report of findings minimizes human error associated with things like:
- Not fully explaining the benefits of your treatment plan in a way the patient can understand them
- Not illustrating the dangers of long-term relief care
- Not explaining what may happen if the patient does not accept treatment
- Forgetting to compare surgery to your treatment program
- Not sharing the costs of living with the disease
- Skipping important steps of the patient education process that promote higher case acceptance rates.
The system contains premium labs and vendors of tissue, braces, anti-inflammation kits, and more, as well as suggested pricing and pricing override capability. Discounts can be easily offered for situations such as prepaying for the treatment.
This system is truly a point and click, report generating, patient education machine.
The ROF Assistant is also very helpful at training your staff on treatment programs that you offer.
Our reports feature text, graphics, videos, charts, and more that help potential patients become educated on chiropractic care.
Report of Findings Template
Chiropractors often ask us about a report of findings template for chiropractic care. Our system is more than a template, it is an interactive program that selects the proper data to add to reports from an extensive library based upon your input. This makes the system much more than a template. Any chiropractic report of findings template is a one size fits all model and our system creates the ROF that will address the individual patient's condition with an individualized report.
Each ROF addresses the patient’s individual condition. A patient with a subluxation needs a different report than one with a herniated disc, osteoarthritis, or neuropathy.
Research is Key
The research sources for our reports include but are not limited to:
- The National Institutes of Health
- The Center for Disease Control
- The Mayo Clinic
- Case Studies
- Renowned Medical Journals
- Respected Medical Research Institutes
This program has been designed to help you educate patients in a very professional and thorough manner, and increase your case acceptance rate.
Using the Program to Create a Report of Findings
The typical report can be created and generated in 3 to 8 minutes.
The remaining questions are to be answered by a licensed medical professional only and can be seen by arranging a demonstration with our team.
How fast is the report of findings available
The reports are auto generated in seconds. The system draws data from our extensive library based upon the answers that you selected in the steps illustrated above. Each report displays your logo.
These chiropractic report of findings are intended to be utilized while meeting with the potential patient. A link can be sent via email to the patient for further review, but we suggest you only do this after going through the report with the patient. There are times that a co-decision maker may not be present and may need to be educated just as the patient has been. There are also times that a potential patient may need to “think about” the decision. Having a well-written, comprehensive report that details the treatment, reasons for the treatment, alternatives, costs of living with the disease, etc. is more successful than simply expecting a patient to remember the conversation.
We will be exhibiting at the Optimal Longevity Academy's Healthspan 2023 Conference in beautiful Costa Rica in July!