Doctors tell us that it’s frustrating when they pay for advertising and are told by the marketing agency that they’re getting responses, but the patient count and monthly revenue aren’t rising? Sound familiar?
Where’s the disconnect between ad responses and patients coming through the door?
There are potentially a couple of points of failure in the process. We know this because we’ve listened to thousands of calls answered by the front desk of many of our clients.
First let’s look at the ways potential patients find you and reach out to your practice because each has a different potential point of failure.
- Facebook ads. These are very inexpensive and can generate a strong flow of responses, we often see between 125 and 200 leads for every $1000 in ad spend. Unfortunately, few of these leads answer the phone when your staff reaches out. Many of the ones that do answer seemingly have temporary amnesia and cannot remember filing out the form on Facebook. The point of failure here is multi-faceted. These potential patients need to be reached out to within 3 to 5 minutes or they will be gone. If they aren’t reached, they need to be nurtured with text, voice messages and emails to educate them and entice them to become patients.
There is a phrase you may want to consider – speed to lead – any sales organization knows that if you don’t reach a lead within a few minutes it goes cold. Most practices are too busy to chase leads on the phone and I don’t know any doctors that went to school to become or manage telemarketers.
- Google or Bing ads. These are very effective because people are actively searching for a solution to a healthcare issue when they find you. Whether your phone number is in the ad or you’re using a landing page, these ads will generate phone calls. The potential point of failure occurs when the front desk is busy and puts the person on hold, or the caller has many questions and the person answering the phone just doesn’t have time or expertise to properly address them. When the caller asks medical questions and the front desk isn’t trained to handle those questions, after all they are not case managers, the caller loses confidence. When any of these things happen the caller, the appointment and the revenue are lost.
- Search engine optimization. SEO is very cost effective and produces high quality leads. Not only is the potential patient searching for a solution to a healthcare problem, but they found you in the organic rankings. There is a perception that the sites that rank organically (not in the ads) are more legitimate. This may not be true, but perception becomes reality in the mind of the individual. Potential patients respond in one of two ways when they reach your website. One, they call and are subject to the same issues outlined above. And, two, they fill out a form on the site. If they aren’t responded to immediately, they are off to the next website and the practice that responds the fastest will usually see the patient.
Where does this info come from and how do we know that its true?
We work with many practices across the US and we see these things happening daily. We listen to countless calls and view countless form fills. These things are happening in the most successful practices.
Would you like to learn how to eliminate points of failure and increase your conversions.
Call us at (727) 777-7266
We’ve had doctors tell us that the front desk always answers by the second ring and they always ask how the potential patient found the practice. They are excellent at handling calls and do nothing “wrong”. It’s very hard when we listen to the calls with the Doc and he or she sees the point of failure is the first impression that the caller has.
Here’s a quick way to see if your front desk is the best it can be. Listen to how they answer the phone. Do they have control of the call or do they give it up immediately to the caller? Control of the call is the only way to maximize your success.
Here’s the fastest way to lose control and lower the booked appointments from inbound calls. Are you ready? Ok… here it is…if your front desk answers the phone and says Dr XXXX’s office, how may I help you? They have totally lost control because they don’t know what the patient is going to say or ask. We’ve heard potential patients ask nearly every question that you don’t want your front desk answering. Once you lose control it is very hard to get it back. We have found it more successful to maintain control by answering the call this way - Thanks for calling Dr XXXX's office, may I ask who I am speaking with? The caller answers and the team member takes further control by asking a question that leads toward the goal of booking an appointment. If the caller is not calling for an appointment, this will be exposed with no discomfort to the caller.
The Shocking Truth - Every appointment that your team does not set... is just like that team member taking your debit card and spending anywhere from $500 to $6000…or more... without your knowledge. And… perhaps worse... the caller may end up having surgery or taking pain medication.
To find out more about our program and to stop this from happening at your practice…Call us at (727) 777-7266.
There is a solution to the most common problems practices face when booking appointments
How would you like:
- Every lead followed up on within 3 to 5 minutes.
- A professional that is only focused on setting appointments – not checking patients in or out – not doing billing – or anything else for your practice - answering the calls and booking your appointments?
- A well-trained professional that understands your area of practice handling the questions callers have correctly?
- A well-trained Patient Care Coordinator selling your services to patients so that they come to you for treatment not information or to be sold.
- A system that minimizes no shows
- Reporting that shows exactly how your marketing budget is performing.
- An ability to listen to the calls to see that they are handled professionally, honestly and ethically.
How much more revenue could you experience this way?
Statistically, practices that use this service see 50 to 65 appointments booked this way per month. These numbers can be substantially higher for practices in larger metro areas and for those with larger ad budgets.
Why join us?
Our team ads a new dimension to similar services that exist in the marketplace. Our management team participates in monthly conferences and regular webinars that train the medical community on how to market, sell and deliver high dollar cash services to patients. These are the people that have created and deliver the training! The success rate of their program is nothing less than miraculous and your practice can benefit from this knowledge.
Imagine having a professional salesperson that is fully dedicated to this industry selling for your practice! A salesperson at this level would normally earn a six-figure income. You can now have this level of professional working for your practice at a small fraction of the cost of hiring and training one. Each of our team members works with multiple accounts so you are sharing the cost.
We know how to generate leads, set appointments, sell high value cash services and make your practice more profitable. Can you afford not to join us?
Discuss your marketing strategy with a certified digital marketing professionalGet Started
Learn about one of the most effective ways to market your practice todayGet Started
Use our interactive tool to create your digital marketing strategy for 2020Get Started